Code Enforcement

Second Floor, 315 Stallings Rd, Stallings, North Carolina 28104

Monday - Friday 
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Stallings Code of Ordinances - Full Document

The Town of Stallings Code Enforcement is responsible for the prevention, detection, investigation, and enforcement of violations of local ordinances. The Code Enforcement Team is dedicated to improving the appearance of the community and maintaining standards of living through the regulation of public health, safety, and welfare, building standards, land-use, zoning, and municipal affairs. Working with residents, the Team strives to ensure the Town of Stallings remains a safe and attractive place to live, work, shop, and play.

Citizens may contact Code Enforcement, 704-821-0316, with a concern dealing with property or zoning issues. A Code Enforcement Officer will make a site visit during normal business hours to determine if a violation exists and then follow up with the tenant and/or property owner to have the property brought into compliance.

If a violation occurs after hours (nights and weekends), please contact Stallings Police Department's non-emergency number at 704-289-3323 for assistance.

Frequently Asked Questions
How tall can grass be in town limits?
The max height of grass in the town limits is eighteen (18) inches.

Is street parking allowed? 
Yes. In residential zoned areas you are allowed to park your vehicle on the street as long as it has current registration unless you live in a subdivision with HOA covenants that does not allow it. 

Are residents allowed to burn yard waste on their property? 
No. Residents are not allowed to burn yard waste in town limits as yard waste removal is provided bi-weekly. More information on yard waste removal can be found here.

Is a permit required to remove trees from my property? 
A tree permit is required, unless one of the following applies:

(A.) Routine maintenance of existing vegetation outside the public rights-of-way, such as pruning, watering, and fertilizing.

(B.) The removal of dead trees and shrubs or trees and shrubs that have been diagnosed and determined to be diseased beyond treatment, with the burden of proof being placed on the remover.

(C.) Removal of soil or vegetation from undeveloped land to allow for non[1]commercial open space no greater than one-quarter (1/4) of an acre, providing this activity does not take place within the CRZ of any rare or specimen tree.

(D.) Land disturbing activity normally associated with the occupancy of an existing single family or two-family dwelling.

(E.) Any new construction or expansion of a single family or two-family dwelling requiring a building permit and involving land disturbance less than ten thousand (10,000) square feet, unless the cumulative land disturbance is over ten thousand (10,000) square feet.

Code Enforcement Monthly Reports