Stallings residents pay both city and county property taxes.  The current tax rate is 18.6 cents per $100 of assessed property value.    There is also a Stormwater fee assessed on all developed property.  On residential property the current fee is $67.   On non-residential properties, the fee is $67/ERU which is each 2060 sq. ft.  Visit Union County Tax Department website for more information on county property taxes.

Beginning with 2015 property taxes, Union County started billing and collecting the taxes and fees for the Town of Stallings, one tax bill will be generated from Union County.  (Stallings/Mecklenburg County residents will receive a tax bill from Union County for Stallings taxes and fees and continue to be billed separately from Mecklenburg County for county taxes).

Please remit property tax payments billed by Union County to:

Union County Tax Collector
P.O. Box 38
Monroe, NC  28111

You may also pay online on the County website at

All delinquent taxes due for years 2014 and prior should be paid directly to the Town of Stallings.  Payment can be made and mailed to:

Town of Stallings
P.O. Box 35
Matthews, NC  28106

Privilege License Requirements

Starting July 1, 2015, the Town of Stallings no longer collects Privilege License Taxes and issue Business Licenses.  North Carolina General Statute 160A-211 - Privilege License Taxes was repealed on May 29, 2014 by the North Carolina General Assembly.  However, businesses are still required to obtain any zoning or premitting requirements from the Town of Stallings for their business.

Helpful Tips

  • Are your taxes escrowed?  Before the delinquency date, due by January 5th each year, try to check on the payment status of your taxes.  This will give you time to take care of any problems that may arise before interest starts to accrue.
  • If you close your business, notify Union County immediately at 704-283-3746.  Your business is connected to tax bills.
  • Did you know there is Tax Relief for an Elderly taxpayer, a Disabled taxpayer or a Disabled Veteran taxpayer.  Please contact Union County for more information.
  • Want to appeal the tax value fo your home?  Please contact Union County for more information.