UPDATE (January 2021):
Duke Energy, Charter Communications and Windstream have completed relocation of their facilities in the Potter-Pleasant Plains corridor. Associate Engineer Russell has been instrumental in collaborating with the utility providers to expediate utility relocation timing in preparation for construction. Utility certification documents have been submitted to the NCDOT Division Utility Coordinator. The project manual and associated contract documents have been submitted to the Locally Administered Project Engineer for review. Comments have not been received to date. At this time, the Town is waiting for authorization from NCDOT to move into the bidding phase of this project.
NCDOT will continue to provide the Town with updates on their cash flow position and status of suspended projects as information is received.
History of the Project: The Town has executed a municipal agreement with the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) to administer an intersection improvement project in the Potter Road - Pleasant Plains corridor. This project includes construction of left turn lanes in each quadrant with the inclusion of sidewalk/curb & gutter infrastructure, implementation of water/sewer improvements and installation of metal traffic signal poles - mast arms. This will improve mobility and assist in potential redevelopment in the area. ?Below is the timeline to date for the Potter / Pleasant Plains intersection improvements.
Notice to proceed issued to Kimley-Horn for design : 05-29-2013
- 25% plan submittal : 10-15-2013
NCDOT/Stallings interlocal agreement executed: 01-11-2014
Stallings/Union County interlocal agreement executed : 01-28-2014
- 70% plan submittal : 05-14-2014
- 90% plan submittal : 12-05-2014
- Utilities by others plan submittal : 03-04-2015.
- 90% submittal (updated contract documents & schedule of prices) : 04-10-2015
- Varies submittals to Union County Public Works for the water/ sewer plan
- 04-21-2015 water/ sewer plan
- 09-14-2015 received/ addressed comments water/ sewer plan
- 07-13-2016 received/ addressed comments water/ sewer plan – County updates per new survey
- 02-15-2017 received/ addressed comments water/ sewer plan – County requested modifications
Right of way acquisition approval from NCDOT : 02-17-2016
Right of way acquisition contract with THC executed : 06/28/2016
Right of way field certification from NCDOT : 12-19-2018
- 100% plan submittal : 11-15-2018
- 100% plan resubmittal : 03-14-2019 – updated plan with NCDOT comments / new standards - specifications
- 100% plan resubmittal : 05-01-2019 – received comments from NCDOT - updated contract documents
Right of way reimbursement from NCDOT : 03-28-2019
Erosion sediment control permit approval NCDENR : 05-13-2019
Duke utility relocations complete : 12-11-2019
Spectrum utility relocations complete : 03-31-2020
Windstream utility relocations : In design/permitting