Atrium Health applies for Certificate of Need for new hospital campus in western Union County
As part of Atrium Health’s mission to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all, and in order to bring high quality and convenient access to care for the residents of western Union County, Atrium Health is proposing to build a new hospital campus called Atrium Health Union West. Atrium Health filed a Certificate of Need application on October 15 for a new hospital campus located on the corner of Independence Boulevard/Highway 74 and Stallings Road in Stallings, NC. As an extension of CHS Union in Monroe, NC, this new location is part of Atrium Health’s continuing efforts to address the accelerated community growth seen in this area and will ensure that Union County residents continue to have local access to world-class inpatient and outpatient care.
Upon approval and estimated completion in early 2022, Atrium Health Union West will be an approximate 150,000 square foot facility and will include:
- 40 licensed acute care beds, including 30 medical/surgical acute care beds, six labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) rooms, and four intensive care unit (ICU) beds
- 10 emergency department bays that will be open 24 hours a day and seven days a week, with an available helipad
- Two operating rooms, one gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy suite and one cesarean delivery (C-section) operating room
- Imaging services, including mobile magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized tomography (CT), x-ray/fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine
- Laboratory and pharmacy services
Atrium Health is committed to providing the highest quality care, comprehensive services and convenient access to all our patients, including those in the Stallings and Indian Trail communities we are privileged to serve in western Union County.